Sunday, 22 January 2012

 As you can see in the photo above the borders of the quilt I talked about last week didn't work out exactly as planned.  I've added leaves to one side of last border, maybe it will be finished for next week.
The Jacobs Ladder blocks below were started last year made using reproductions from my stash.  As you can see my design wall consists of batting attached to the wardrobe doors in my sewing room.  Although it was better than having nothing it drove me crazy.
Thanks to my new friend Susan I got the inspiration to make a much better design wall.  I bought 4 foam core boards from a craft supply store and used drawing pins to attach batting.  Then I used Command adhesive strips to stick them up on the doors.  I am very pleased with the result it looks so much nicer and is much better to use as I can pin the blocks directly into the wall.  Thankyou Susan!

I'm still working on the blocks for Orca Bay, lots of trimming and cutting going on.

I picked up my quilt from the machine quilters on Thursday  I'll try to get a photo this week.  No binding on yet.  I'm very pleased with the quilting it looks fabulous. 

I have a busy week this week.  Hope you have a good one. 

Bye for now.



  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, its nice to know someones reading!

  2. Your Jacob Ladder blocks are awesome! I've always loved that pattern.
    My "design wall" is a piece of flannel tacked to the wall! Whatever works is good. Looks like you have a nice one now.