Thursday 11 July 2013

Medallion Quilt update.



More technical issues with my laptop tonight, I have the photos loaded but the words have a mind of their own.  I have no control over where they're going but I think the photos are fairly self explanatory anyway. 

The next round on my medallion that I've done since the workshop with Gwen Marston is the pink and red half square triangles.  Remembering that this is being made without a lot of the rules and regualtions of what you can and can not do, I was pretty happy with it.  I think this is going to make much more interesting quilts - that's my story anyway.

For the next round I considered a few different colour options.  I think the only downside with making a quilt border by border is that the options are endless and each decision is going to make the outcome completely different.  I really liked all the options but in the end decided I just better choose one fabric and get on with it.  I am concerned about getting wobbly edges so I think the whole fabric borders will help control the wobbles.  I haven't made up my mind what to do for the next border, Different triangles, a row of strings or 2" squares....


I have stitched together the cake stand blocks and will add a border of half square triangles to finish it off.  I'll post a photo when I've pressed the seams.  I've also been doing a bit of hand quilting on my pink lemonade quilt.  There's nothing like having plenty of projects to keep you going.

Till next time, Happy Stitching

Debra.

3 comments:

  1. The photos do show it very well. You do have a great eye for colour and strippy is your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra ......what can I say whow! Your medallion is amazing, just love the borders and it just so inspiring. Have a great day Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Liberated Medallion looks wonderful - it is great to see how far you have gone with it. I did like the striped border - I hope you use that somewhere too!! Remember to work outside your comfort zone( well, that's what I keep telling myself!)
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete