Hi there, I have been making progress on a few of my projects. I finally got my Scrappy Trips laid out. I've made more blocks than I'll need but any extras will be great for the backing.
On the weekend I finally got my sewing table sorted out so that I could start machine quilting a quilt. This quilt has been basted for about 2 years. I just couldn't decide how it needed to be quilted. I think I've figured it out, diagonal lines and maybe double horizontal lines. It's not the type of quilting I enjoy doing, I'd rather be doing free motion but I don't think it will suit this design. If I ever get it finished I'll take a photo.
As we all know the minute a quilt comes out so do the cats. I'd only done one row of stitching when Ruby plonked herself in the middle of the quilt putting an end to any more quilting for the night.
I've been making slow progress on my Jubilee quilt. I'm up to the applique border but its taken me ages to decide what I was doing with it. I'm appliquing my initials on one side of the vase and the year will be on the other. I'm not sure if the initials are too big. I think I might have to shrink them down a bit. Applique seemed like a good idea but it's taken me a very long time to get my ideas sorted out.
These photos were taken in the shade, it's been hot here again. The colour is a bit washed out. This is the longest summer ever, we've nearly had 1 month of Autumn and the heat just hasn't stopped. We have some cooler weather forcast for the end of the week, I can't wait.