Sunday 6 January 2013

Happy New Year and turning Vintage...

Hi there and Happy New Year.  I hope 2013 is kind to us.

As you can see the stash enhancement programme at the palace is still going strong.  If I believed in new years resolutions there might be mention of going on a fabric diet.  Unfortunately I have zero will power when it comes to any form of dieting, something to work on in 2013.

I am doing my personal best and feel I have a responsibility to help keep the quilting economy here and overseas afloat!!  That's my excuse anyway.  I ordered the fabric above from the Fat Quarter Shop during their pre Christmas sales.  I love them all, the colours of the yardage pieces are very inspiring

Yesterday I went to Amitie with Tracey, I bought a lovely selection of fabric, wool and bits and pieces.  It is a very nice shop to visit.  I really needed some retail therapy and felt much better when I got home.
I was really overwhelmed by the lovely present Tracey gave me for my birthday.  This dog is just adorable, he's very soft and has such personality and he's sooo cute.  
 I just love the kitty needlecase by Hensteethart, I love her work and am thrilled to own a piece.  Quilters do give the best presents!  Thanks again Tracey.
Today we went out for lunch at a local hotel for my birthday, this was the view from our table.  We've had some very hot days lately but it was pleasant sitting outside with a sea breeze to help keep cool.  We had a lovely lunch.

Next post I'll have a photo of the lovely canvaswork picture my Mum made for me.

Tomorrow I'll be back to working on my Easy Street quilt blocks among other projects.

Happy Stitching
Debra. 

4 comments:

  1. See I told you I dont remember these things...so Happy Birthday from me too.

    The needle case looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous fabrics! I see a few that I have in your assortment. Your gifts are wonderful. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! A bit late I guess, but I always like to drag out the celebrations as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing.Thought I might have been commenting on a new blog post.I will look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete